|PROGRAMME TITLE||NQF||SAQA ID||CREDITS|
|NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: 2D ANIMATION||5||57611||136|
The purpose of this Qualification is to enable qualified learners to generate independent work and critically apply the principles of 2D animation. Self-employment opportunities exist for qualified learners as they do not need a large studio, and technology is becoming more affordable. This makes 2D animation more accessible than, for example, 3D animation. 2D animation requires a strategic balance between art and business, and is more artistic than, for example, design, without compromising the discipline required to build the industry and business
Developing local 2D animation competence will ensure local cultural development: a local form of expression is developed, with a local graphic style, as a local art form. This can improve the export of 2D animation as cultural products. Qualified learners are able to think critically about culture and cultural products - a skill that can be transferred to various related fields.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS,COURSE DURATION AND CAREER FIELDS
The qualification design and credits assume that learners have already achieved the following competencies:
- Art, drawing and design (visual literacy) at NQF Level4.
- Language and communication at NQF Level 4 in one language and at NQF Level 3 in another language.
- Mathematical literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Computer literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Understanding relevant physics concepts such as Newtonian laws of mass in motion NQF Level4.
- Photography at NQF Level 4.
Full Time : Minimum 1 Year
- Stop Motion Animator
- Flash Animator
- Compositing Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- Mathematical Modele
- Select and analyse reference material relevant for specific animation productions.
- Analyse visual and motion requirements for specific animation productions
- Range: visual and motion requirements are contained in scripts, storyboards, treatments, etc.
- Specify visual and motion treatment for specific animation productions.
- Develop and select animation outputs for specific animation productions
- Evaluate animated visual elements against specified for animation production requirements.
- Manage animation production processes and information according to specification.
1. Range: evaluation includes testing where relevant.
1. Range: information includes all animation process and production outputs, such as visual elements, physical pictorial representations,etc.