|PROGRAMME TITLE||NQF||SAQA ID||CREDITS|
|DIPLOMA: LAW AND TAXATION||6||15538||240|
The Diploma: Law and Taxation is a qualification designed for professionals who already have a basic knowledge of tax law, or have practical experience in tax law and wish to strengthen and expand their future role in this field. It is aimed at attorneys, accountants, managers, insurance brokers, salespersons, estate agents, paralegals, legal advisors, bankers, financial advisors, debt counsellors, HR officers, employers, trade union representatives, SARS officials and entrepreneurs. The course will provide students with the necessary legal knowledge and skills to participate in the tax environment that is increasingly technical and legalistic. Thorough knowledge of tax legislation is imperative to complete tax returns or deal with a tax audit by SARS. In recent years, we have seen an increased commitment by SARS to collect all outstanding taxes.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS,COURSE DURATION AND CAREER FIELDS
- Learners who register for this qualification should have passed Grade 12.
Full Time : Minimum 2 Years
- Tax Practitioner
- General corporate tax
- Executive compensation
- Tax litigation
- International tax planning
- Exempt organizations and municipal finance
- Responses show that critical and creative thinking has been used to identify and solve problems.
- Information is presented logically.
- Learner shows evidence of critical thought.
- Learner shows evidence of effective learning.
- Learner demonstrates an ability to assimilate and adapt knowledge.
- Information from various sources is presented in a logical and effective way.
- Learner can type using a computer keybord.
- Knowledge of computer packages is demonstrated.
- Evidence of planning, budgeting and financial control is presented.
Associated Assessment Criteria for Specific Outcomes:
- Evidence of planning, budgeting and financial control is demonstrated.
- Knowledge of perks, returns and investment planning is demonstrated.
Business and Company Law:
- Knowledge of company law and taxation allowances is demonstrated.
- Knowledge of employee benefits and deductions is demonstrated.