|PROGRAMME TITLE||NQF||SAQA ID||CREDITS|
|FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE: PHOTOGRAPHY||4||73298||128|
This Qualification has been formulated such that It reflects the workplace-based and learner needs of the photography sector as expressed by its stakeholders and provides the learner with accesslblllty to be employed within the photography sector.
This Qualification addresses various trends that Impact on education and training standards in the photography sector.There is a growing split between digital and analogue [traditionalartistic) photography.Mass communication, for example, the cellular phone,makes the use of images more common than before and visualliteracy Is becoming part of popular culture, rather than an academic activity. Many more people can create images, and,therefore,it begs the question: who is a photographer?.
This Qualification also addresses the fact that the definition of quality and the skllls required In photography are changing. requiring technical know-how against sector requirements.In the Post-modernist world there is a development towards genre pooling and this results In a need for multi•skilling [as opposed to specialisation) to ensure employability across genres.The sustainability in media for news photographers In South Africa Is being affected by value chainchanges,as publishinghouses are buying photographs from agencies rather than employIns photographers, requiring photographers to market themselves,to collaborate,and to freelance. Ethics,the style of images, acceptability, and leniency and other norms are changing. requlrlns awareness bulldlns. and staying up to date about what is acceptable.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS,COURSE DURATION AND CAREER FIELDS
It is assumed that learners are competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level3.
- MathematicalUteracy at NQF Level 3.
- Visual Art or Desisn elements and principles or
- equivalent at NQF Level2.
Full Time : Minimum 1 Year
- Scientific Photographer
- Photojournalist/News Photographer
- Freelance Photographer
- Interpret and analyse general principles and concepts of photographic assignments.
- Pre-visualise,conceptualise and analyse approaches accordingto the given specifications.
- Capture a range of images through the use of photographic equipment and light sensitive materials.
- Select, edit and render photographic Images accordingto specific criteria.
- Range: Render could also include display,present and portray.
- Document,manage and archive photographic work.
- Develop own career opportunities In photography.