|PROGRAMME TITLE||NQF||SAQA ID||CREDITS|
|NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: RADIO PRODUCTION||6||21060||240|
The purpose of this Qualification is for learners to be able to produce radio programmes.The National Certificate in Radio Production at NQF Level 5 Is generic across com mercial, public and community service fields. The community impact of this Qualification includes the presen tation of job opportunities to which all-i:ultural groups have access, through community radio broadcasting. The Qualification is also wide ranging, cutting across a broad spectrum of the economy. The Qualification was designedto accommodate radio programmes relevant to all audiences.The Qualification aims at enabling learners to be employable In all three sectors (public, commercialand community).Production,packagin& journalistic, content development are competencies required across all three tiers of broadcasting and the qualification wlll allow the competent learners to be employable in all sectors of radio not just community radio.The Qualificatlon will enable the learners to make value judgements packaging calls for putting elements together in a unique and creative manner,producing calls for a process of research,conceivingIdeas and actuallslng those Ideas.This Qualification requires learners not just to make products but also to be able to develop content for radio broad- casts.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS,COURSE DURATION AND CAREER FIELDS
The following learning Is assumed to be In place before embarking on this Qualification:
- Language and communication competence at NQF Level4.
- Mathematicalliteracy at NQF Level4.
- Computer literacy at NQF Level
- Record sound from a single source (e.g.radio,tape recorder).
Full Time : Minimum 1 Year
- Radio Announcer
- Disc Jockey
- Operate within relevant legislative frameworks.
- Research content for radio broadcasts
- Write scripts for radio broadcasts.
- Build resource networks relevant for radio productions.
- Generate and pitch ideas for programmes and items for transmission
- Work In teams In the radio context
- Operate a variety of studio and field recording and production audio equipment
- Produce live and studio programs and Items for transmission.
- Edit and mix features, programs and items to meet broadcasting requirements
- Present radio programs/items that meet specifled requirements
- Interview guests/panels/content providers In broadcasting context