|PROGRAMME TITLE||NQF||SAQA ID||CREDITS|
|CERTIFICATE: BASIC ELECTRONICS||4||21101||120|
Electronic technicians provide technical support and service duringthe production,installation,operation and repair of electricalequipment and systems
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS,COURSE DURATION AND CAREER FIELDS
(Grade 10) with Maths;or Engineering Maths N1 or a recognised equivalent qualification,or 8 month's relevant experience in the field of electronics.
Full Time : Minimum 1 Year
Cell phone service providers
Manufacturing. assembly and testing
- Diploma in Radio & Hi-Fi Repair Diploma In TV and VIdeo Repairs Electronics Technician Diploma
- Use a meter (analogue and digital) to measure electricalquantities.
- Work safely with electricity by applying safety precautions.
- care fur electricalshock victims
- Detenmlne voltage,current and resistance of series and parallelcircuits with alternating and direct current.
- Describe the functioning and construction of electric circuit components in terms of electromagnetic principles.
- Identify,distinguish and explain the function of the different types of electricalcomponents.
- Describe the functioning and application of semi-conductor devices.
- Describe the construction of electrical motors and describe their operating principles in terms of electromagnetic theory.
- Use an oscilloscope to obtainvoltages and frequen cies of an electric circuit.
- Describe the different means of signal or data transmission.
- Design and interpret basic digitallogic circuits.
- Design and Interpret basic analogue circuits.