|PROGRAMME TITLE||NQF||SAQA ID||CREDITS|
|CERTIFICATE: CHEMICAL LABORATORY ASSISTANT||2||21139||120|
Programme will help you develop the relevant knowledge and skills to use and apply organic and inorganic chemistry in different industries. The programme enables a foundation in the areas of chemicals and chemical processes, bacteriology, chemistry of water,the use of laboratory equipment and techniques as well as quantitative and qualitative analysis. The programme providesa strong foundation to gain access into further studies in this field.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS,COURSE DURATION AND CAREER FIELDS
Grade 11 or equivalent
Recognition of prior learning
Full Time : Minimum 1 Year
Laboratory Administration Assistant
- Analytical Chemistry Diploma
Basic organic chemistry is explained with application in food processing,preserving industries,manufacturing of medicine, plastics etc.
- Physical chemistry is explained
- Knowledge of inorganic chemicals and processes are explained,as well as use of chemical apparatus and laboratory methods.
- Knowledge of inorganic chemistry is explained.
- Physical chemistry is defined.
- The bacteriology and chemistry of water is explained as well as essentials for water analysis.
- The analysis by specialised instruments is explained
- Quantitative analysis is defined.
- Qualitative analysis is defined.