|PROGRAMME TITLE||NQF||SAQA ID||CREDITS|
|CERTIFICATE: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING||4||21105||120|
The course forms the basis to qualify you as a specialist in the field of Electrical Engineering as you acquire scientific knowledge essential for electricians and learn to apply this knowledge to electronic work.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS,COURSE DURATION AND CAREER FIELDS
Full Time : Minimum 1 Year
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Calculate the stresses in components under simple loading conditions.
- Determine mechanical properties of materials by standard test procedures.
- Describe the application different means of non-destructive testing.
- Solve calculate solutions mechanical engineering problems by means of applying fundamental theory.
- Work safely with electricity by applying safety precautions
- Determine voltage, current and resistance of series and parallel circuits with alternating and direct current.
- Describe the functioning and construction of electric circuit components in terms of electromagnetic principles.
- Identify, distinguish and explain the function of the different types of electrical components
- Describe the functioning and application of semi-conductor devices.
- Convert and perform calculations using the different number systems.
- Describe the working and application of logic devices and circuits.
- Apply rules of logic to solve problems.