|PROGRAMME TITLE||NQF||SAQA ID||CREDITS|
|THE HIGHER CERTIFICATE: TRAVEL AND TOURISM||5||21147||120|
The Higher Certificate: Travel and Tourism aims to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills required to perform effectively In the Tourism Industry. This qualification was developed in partnership with industry to meet their needs and produce employable students with relevant skills In the field of Travel and Tourism. Skills and competencies to be developed include the generalprinciples of management, knowledge of the traveland tourism Industry,Important traveldocuments, travel bookings and the relationship between travel,tourism and the hospitality industry.In addition, students are also familiarised with nationaland International tourist practices and procedures,geography and tourist attractions.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS,COURSE DURATION AND CAREER FIELDS
Competence at grade 12 or equivalent level,completion of Travel and Tourism N4, or recognised prior learning
Full Time : Minimum 1 Year
Tour operators,travel agencies and marketing departments of.
Hotel and resort groups.There could also be opportunities in the public sector,working in tourism departments.
- N6 Travel and Tourism Certificate
- Reflecting an and exploring a variety of strategies to learn more effectively
- Participating as reasonable citizens in the life of local, nationaland global communities.
- Being culturally and aesthetically sensitive to the relationship between travel and tourism and a range of different contexts.
- Exploring education and career opportunities
- Developing skills and entrepreneurial opportunities within the traveland tourism Industry.